is 6.1/7.1 worth it

BruinsFan

I wanted to do a 6.1 setup. for my installation, rears/surrounds have to be in-walls/in ceiling.

I'd prefer the RCWs but I don't think i can make them work - one wall has all windows - the speaker would have to be 7.5 - 8 feet high - the ceiling is only 9 feet high.

That lead me to considering RCRs. From what I understand they only come in pairs. Since I don't think 4 speakers on one side of the room in the ceiling will pass the WAF, I was just going to stick one there for the rear - but they are sold in pairs and don't want to pay for a "spare".

So that leaves me with a 5.1 setup with two RCRs in the ceiling. I'm sure this will be acceptable but was really hoping to take advantage of some of the newer formats going forward.

Thoughts or additional ideas??

My reciever will do either 6.1 or 7.1. I new the wife would not go for 4 rears so I used the two rears. And put a rc-3 II in the center back. For sources that are recorded in a discrete 6.1 it sounds great. ddex sounds good, but when it just matrixs the rear for like prologic or a 5.1 I usuall y turn the rear center off. I havent quite nailed the right setting for it for all formats

Good luck