Is this possible?

caz1604

I read this on the Honda-Tech forum.Is this possible?

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=841232

In order to get a high quality resolution for a 130" screen, I had to build an HTPC (Home Theater Personal Computer). A conventional progressive scan DVD player only yeilds a 480p resolution at best, that's 480 vertical lines of data, which is only about 7 lines per inch. So basically it looks bad. With an HTPC, it "scales" the image using the computers high graphics capability, and can produce over 1000 vertical lines of resolution, basically it is high definition quality. As you can see, I have a monitor for the HTPC. The HTPC has a dual monitor video card, that way I can manage the computer on the monitor, and output the movie to the projector.

My screen is that size. In my case, I have a DLP projector and have very little screen door effect, or the slow grafic speed problems of LCD.

Currently I do not use a HTPC, and my picture looks good right from my DVD player. When economics improve, a HTPC is my next project.

Last winter a friend of mine brought over his HTPC and hooked it up to my projector, it did look better than without, that is for sure.

JM