Broken tweeter

ccsakura

Hi guys...... I just recieved RF-3II that bought from others(so it's second hand). However one of the tweeter was broken 15.gif . Is there any way that I can unwind the tweeter by self and send to Klipsch to repair or just simply purchase another tweeter and install by myself? It is too huge that I don't wanna ship the whole thing.

PS. the screws on speaker is different..... it's like a star sign... is there any driver for that?

Thanks in advance 9.gif

If you have any frends who work on computers, they might have the proper torx driver.

I believe that your tweeter-mid has an easy to replace diaphragm and voice coil assembly. I replaced the tweeter voice coil in my Quartets. There is a good possibility yours is similar.

You will probably need a small pair of pliers for some nuts which secure the sandwich of the magnet, diaphragm and horn. It would, naturally, be better to use a small wrench, but not absolutely necessary.

Keep watch that the new diaphragm looks like the old one.

I found a little button of fabric behind the dome which had to be transferred over. The replacement didn't have it and the instructions didn't mention it. Yours may or may not have such things.

Keep track of which wires go where. There should be some markings for + plus. I assume the tweeter comes out the front. Watch for a gasket and use some tape to make sure the wires don't fall back in to the box. The connectors are just automotive push on types.

Again, I'm not familiar with your unit. So the above is mostly guesswork. None the less, you can probably do it yourself.

Shipping costs is a large part of the cost of the little diaphragm. So I bought some spares.

Gil