DVD/TV hookup

JAJ88

I know I posted on a similar subject before, but I need to know...How do i hook my panasonic tv up to my dvd player and adcom amp. Do i use component video cables or s-video. Also, could someone tell me how i can get the audio from my dvd player to play through both my tv and stereo, so i have the option of listening through stereo if i want, or otherwise just using tv?????????

I need alist of all cables i will need...

Hi, it's your choice on the RGB or S-video. Either one will get you the video part. The L/R audio out on the DVD, via RCA's, can go to an audio-in on the TV. Now if your TV has L/R audio out, go to an L/R audio input(your choice,again) on the Adcom, via RCA's. Can you decipher this to make sense?9.gif

I know I posted on a similar subject before, but I need to know...How do i hook my panasonic tv up to my dvd player and adcom amp.

Read the owners manuals! They generally are torturous to read we all hate them. Wait till you get a full featured HT preamp; it is like physics class.

Do i use component video cables or s-video.

COmponent is better if your DVD player outputs it and your TV accepts it. S Video is good but the second chouce in quality.

Also, could someone tell me how i can get the audio from my dvd player to play through both my tv and stereo, so i have the option of listening through stereo if i want, or otherwise just using tv?????????

RCA "Y" splitter cable, these arew short; you need 2. Male end is only one that goes intot the DVD player. Female end is for your RCA stereo pair cables to go the the "AMP" (receiver or pre amp) and TV respectively.

I need alist of all cables i will need...

Depends on your length.

recommendation

2 or 3 meter component video cable

2 RCA "Y" splitters

2 pair stereo RCA cables (length to be determined by you)

Is this a troll for potential patient volunteer moderators?