Need help with Sony VPL-HS20 projector

wrench_peddler

I have my proj. sitting on a shelf, upside down on the back wall about 18" down from the ceiling. My screen is butted up against the ceiling and is about 7'8" x 3'6 1/2". The problem I am having is that on 2.35 movies, I can blow the picture up to fill the screen, only if I shim up the front of the projector. For all the other sized movies, I can adjust the size without raising the projector. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to switch something? One other question is why does the ratio change when I change from cinema to standard to dynamic?

I think that your issue is that the HS-20, like all projectors that can be ceiling mounted zoom on a single edge. I have attached a picture that should help explain this. If this is not your issue just post back. I cannot help you with the other part of your question.

235explainedsmall.jpg

Laters,

Jeff

post-6939-1381925418814_thumb.jpg

i haven't experienced that w/my hs-10(ceiling mount) or our store hs-20(shelf mount).

have you used the 'lens' button to adjust initial zoom(with the internally-generated pattern)to setup correct picture size for your screen?

your 'wide' modes are changing when you change 'picture' mode because it changes wide mode to whatever it was set at when you were set on that picture mode last.

who did you get your hs-20 from...and why wasn't it ME??

2.gif

avman.

Thanks. That is what it is. the top of the screen is stationary. Everything else moves below it. I guess I can lower the shelf and turn the projector back over on its feet and that would fix it. Before I turned it upside down, I had spacers piled up under the back end but I didn't like the way it looked. It is over a sofa so knocking myself in the head won't be a problem if I lower the shelf. I don't have a good enough video card or PC to do it with software.

Avman. My son wanted to start establishing credit so we bought it in Monroe at Basic. I guess I could have checked with you about financing. I just assumed that local financing would be the only way he could get it. Believe it or not, we still don't have HDTV hooked up to it. I have been keeping my eye out for a OTA receiver(cheap) but haven't spotted one I can afford. The local cable folks say it will be about the first of the year before they offer it.