Suggestions for small room

BigJim

I have a sitting room off the Master Bedroom that I want to put a surround sound sound system in.

The room is 12 X 13.6 with 9 foot ceiling.

When the house was being built I put in speaker connections on all four corners near the ceiling. I may should have put them near the floor but what is done is done. With a room that small, I did not want them to be in the way.

I have yet to buy anything yet except we have a 27 inch TV in the room. So any suggestions for speakers or other systems componets would be helpful.

Thanks,

BigJim

Here's a good idea....You could buy my 2 pairs of Klipsch RB-5II Reference Series bookshelf speakers, an RC-3II center speaker, and an RW-12 subwoofer for $1300! These are all black and in perfect condition. Purchased new 10/03. List price is at least $2700. Just let me know if you want more info, pictures and/or references.

----------------

On 4/29/2004 7:52:20 PM BigJim wrote:

I have a sitting room off the Master Bedroom that I want to put a surround sound sound system in.

The room is 12 X 13.6 with 9 foot ceiling.

When the house was being built I put in speaker connections on all four corners near the ceiling. I may should have put them near the floor but what is done is done. With a room that small, I did not want them to be in the way.

I have yet to buy anything yet except we have a 27 inch TV in the room. So any suggestions for speakers or other systems componets would be helpful.

Thanks,

BigJim

----------------

Jim, I'm guessing this would be for music or did you want theater too? You didn't really specify that. Are you thinking about running wire down the face of your walls so you can have floor standers or do you think you will mount speakers up high on the walls so that you don't have speaker wire showing?

If you are going to mount them, I think the RB-75 would be a good speaker for you. They are front ported so they can sit flat agaist a wall. They are a very nice speaker and I personally think they would serve you well.

If those are too big, then the RSX speakers that Bill suggested may be a very good choice as well.