RSX-4 or Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo 1

mtbiker731

I checked out a new audio store in town and see what they had to offer for subs. I was looking for something in the 800 range. Turns out the guy offered to let me take a PSB SubSonic 6i home for demo. Finally I know what HT subs sound like. How would this compare to my prospective SVS 20-39+?

Anyways, not my main question at hand, but I'd like to hear some insight.

I listened to some A.E. (Acoustic Energy) Aegis Evo 1 bookshelf speakers and was impressed. I have now been on the upgrade train since I read 007's post on upgrading Ultra sats to RSX-4s. How do RSX-4s or 5s compare to the Evo 1s? And also, would they be a good implementation into the Ultra speaker set?

The speakers are 100w max / 8ohms.

As always, thanks in advance!

You have to understand the ultra amp is 60watts into 4 ohms which puts it about 30watts into 8. So you need a speaker which is efficient. Klipsch speakers are very good at being efficient so I was not worried about them being underpowered. I might be worried with larger bookshelf speakers. Also the crossover is something you cant change, so you dont want speakers which extend very low or else you are going to have some overlaps between the sub and sats. However the RSX-4 blends very well. However I have not tried any other speakers off the ultra amp.

IF you want another recommendation I strongly suggest you look at the Infinity PRIMUS theater pack. Not quite as expensive as the RSX's either.