Home theater with rear in ceiling speakers

JohnESwanson

I am building a new home and would like to configure it for whole house audio including a home theater in the basement family room. The family room is 18x23, but only one end will be used for the home theater. A small built-in cabinet at the front leaves me with minimal room for the front speakers. In am considering SB-3s for the front with a SC-1 for the center (these would be hidden in the cabinet), a KSW12 for the sub (placed under an end table), and SCR-2s or SCR-3s in the ceiling for the rear. If funds allow, I may add SCW-2s or SCW-3s on the sides. Any opinions on these selections or placements? Are the additional sides worth it? Does anyone have any experience with using the Klipsch in-ceiling speakers for the rear or Klipsch in-wall speakers for the sides? Comments on SB-3s or KSW-12 ?

Thanks!

------------------

John S.

When I recently bought my speakers (KLF-20's, KLF-C7), I too was faced with the decision of what to use for my rears. The recommended speakers are the RS-3's, but because of their larger stature I did not want to endure the "discussions" that would have occured with the wife. So I settled on the RCR-5's and have been very pleased. The only advice that I would give is to put a lot of thought into the speaker placement and where your furniture/seating arragement will be. (You are dealing with a 'permanent' installation.) Hope that helps.

ROCK ON!!