problem with Jolida hybrid amp

I have a Jolida tube/solid state-hybrid amp that I have owned for a little over a month now, Today I noticed a rythmic static in the background. It seems to come in and out in about 1 second intervals. The volume and/or input selection has no effect over this static. However, when the amp is unplugged for a few minutes and then turned back on the static seems to subside, only to return again after a couple minutes of being powered up. To me this would seem like a power supply issue, but It would be nice to get an opinion before I send it in for service. It couldn't just need new tubes could it?

Thanks

Joseph M. Leonard

Hmmm. Hopefully NOS Valves, 3DZapper, or some other electronics type pops in here. That almost sounds like a leaky cap to me.

In the meantime, power off the amp, let it cool, and pull the tubes. Clean the tube pins with Q-tips and 91% Isopropyl Alcohol. After the tubes dry (just a minute or two), wiggle them back into the sockets. You need to rule out bad tube contact before moving to the next thing.

Well, to the best of my knowledge it is not a problem of clean connections between either the speakers, or tubes in the pre-amp sections. I'm going to let it sit powered off overnight to completely drain the power supply, and if the problem pursists after that there isn't much I can do besides send it in.

Thanks

Joseph