Amp Problem?. . . NOPE! dirty power problem!

"Yeah, looks like the highest model panamax has some of the conitioning qualities, but for what you get the price is TOO high"

Joseph, the Panamax 5510 IS a Balanced Power AC Regenerator (beside providing additional line filtration and surge protection) and can be had for $850. Read the description before you're jumping to conclusion. I don't think you can find anything else out there that has that many functions for such a cheap price. If you can spend thousand of dollars on audio gears and think $850 is "TOO high" then I don't know what to tell you. Beside, you get what you paid for!

Edit: Now, dirty power was the source of the hum on my speakers and the Moondogs (as mentioned in another thread) until I plugged the 5510 in. Everything was dead silent! I am quite sure Dean will come back and say those (highly praised) Doggies must not be "well designed amplifiers" and therefore suck.

$850 would be a good price for an isolation transformer based unit like the panamax mentioned by neo, especially since it also provides all the other filtration and surge bells and whistles...the only other thing to check out, to be thorough, would be a PS Audio unit which electronically creates a new a/c signal to pass to the components, this allows for the user to vary the waveform and frequency of the a/c signal to listen for effects on different components. regards, tony

p.s. this unit is $703 at buy.com right now...and the model just below it, the 5500 is only $594, with that one you lose the balanced power option but keep the isolation transformer and other filter/surge options, seems like good buys...