Denon 5900 Universal DVD Player

Marshal

Anyone here have the Denon 5900 Does Everything DVD player? OK, "Does Everything" is not the official name, but considering it includes DVD Video & Audio, CD, SACD, HDCD, DVD-R,-RW(I think)DCD-I, 24/192 and the kitchen sink, it might as well.

Does it do an excellent job of everything or excellent on some but not others? Overall, how would you rate it?

I don't have the 5900, I have the 2900 (I think the 5900 is a higher end version?). The 2900 plays CD, DVD, DVD-A, SACD, HDCD, CD-R, CD-RW and (I think - never tried it and not sure how it works) MP-3 files. I don't know the difference between the 2900 and the 5900, but would think you'd be able to find all the details at the denon web site - here's a link:

http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/products.asp?l=1&c=4#PID630

The 2900 has been great - excellent audio and video. Would assume the same with the 5900.

Marshall, if you are curious about DVD5900 I would advise you to go to www.avsforum.com, then scroll down to the DVD player section. This player has been quite popular there so you will probably find more info than you wanted. As they say there is no ideal DVD player out there, and this one has its own quirks as well. Denon is replacing this model later this year with DVD5910 which supposedly will fix 5900's issues.