few foreign films to check out

0_o

well not much is posted here about foreign films so I though i would throw in something for those looking for a we tad bit change...

All 4 films are Asian films .. all have really great sound to them... all have subtitles.

1st on the list

" Together " Directed by Chen Kaige .. if you like classical music this movie has a very well pieced sound track. 5.1 Dolby . You can actually pick this movie up @ Blockbuster ,,, it was released last year here in the states under MGM .

2nd up " Memories of Murder " this film was made in Korea based on a true story of Korea's first ever recorded serial killer Between the years of 1986 and 1991... it's a really dark film excellent acting , directing and over all 4 stars. This movie is based on a true story so knowing adds to the films touch... hmm scary thing is 10 women murdered all in the same grotesque and brutal manner they never caught the killer. sad movie dark but still very well made movie. it's not really horror movie just a thriller.

Sound is in DTS ES & DD surround -EX English Subtitles .

3rd . " J.S.A Joint Security Area " Korean movie . this is a military thriller / action movie ... based on the the DMZ . placed in modern time Korea.

4th movie " Wonderful Days " this is a killer Animation film .. English Subbed. Korean film again... the Anime is a mix of cell shaded and digital & Hand shaded cell ... 5.1 DD & 5.1 DTS . Movies 2 -4 are all dual region coded 1 & 3 . so works on US and region 3 players.

I just got back for Korea not to long ago and this was my 3rd trip. I have to say the new Movies coming out of Korea really blew me away. They have found how to put together some really good films and hardly any of them had sappy Hollywood endings. I saw a couple where the bad guy actually wins and few the good guy at the end still gets blown away ...

Oh and instead of taking DVD's home to rent . they have DVD places where you rent the the DVD go to a nice room the is set up like a personal home theater and you get to watch the movie eat drink and relax . 5.1 & some had 7 speaker systems set up in each room with nice leather sofas to plant yourself or you and your friends down on and watch as many DVDs as you please anytime 24/7 .