Does this sound right?

RBM

I just added a RW-10 to my HT system. I now have two subwoofers. The first is a SW-12II. My question is integrating the two subs together to get the best sound. Below is how I have set it up for now.

I have a Marantz SR-8300. Using the Sub out I used a Y to run a sub cable to each sub. Since, the SW-12 II does not have a LFE in I used a Y and use the R and L inputs just like I did prior to the RW-10. For the RW-10 I just used the LFE input. Using the LFE Sub out on the Marantz the crossover is 80HZ.

All my speakers are set to small. I individually set each sub at 75DB, and then I turned both on and made the final adjustment to 75DB. Then I adjusted both Phase controls. I found that the SW-12 II at 0 degrees and the RW-10 set at 180 degrees had the greatest output. I made the final adjustment for 75DB.

I can say this; the system sounds better overall. The bass is crisper and tighter. The only thing I cannot get to work it the auto off on the RW-10. I have let it sit for half hour nothing on and the green light is still on. Did I do this correctly or id there a better more efficient way?

I appreciate any help or advice.

Rich

• Like 1

I have the rw12, and as far as linking the two subs together, it sounds like you nailed it. The auto-off function on the rw10 should take effect after 15 minutes of inactivity. All I can think of is that you have the power switched to on AND the other chrome switchy thing set to ON instead of AUTO. Just double check that.

----------------

On 5/18/2004 10:28:21 PM om13934 wrote:

I have the rw12, and as far as linking the two subs together, it sounds like you nailed it. The auto-off function on the rw10 should take effect after 15 minutes of inactivity. All I can think of is that you have the power switched to on AND the other chrome switchy thing set to ON instead of AUTO. Just double check that.

----------------

That was it, I had the "chrome switchy thing" set to ON instead of Auto. Works perfect now!

Thanks!!

• Like 1