question bout decoder cards and 5.1

Eagle

ok, i do apologise lots if this has been asked b4, i did a little looking around these boards and couldnt really find an answer, found alot about soundcards connecting to the 5.1s but not decoder cards.

So i basically wanna know, will/does the 5.1s have a spdif connection and still allow for the normal soundcard connections. i bought the DTT2500 cambridge setup a while back coz it satisfied all my needs, i can connect the spdif on the dvd decoder card to its amp and get dolby digital 5.1, and also the outputs from my soundcard to its amp and get all other sounds from windows. will the 5.1s do the same job.

The only reason i bought the cambridge was coz there wasnt a klipsch 5.1 setup and now i found out there is, of course im itching to get em, so can anyone inform me? or do i stick with what i got.

The ProMedia 5.1 is designed to match up with sound cards or other source devices that deliver a decoded output (e.g., all 5.1 cards now on the market, some DVD players, decoders, etc.). There is no internal decoder.

If decoding is needed for another reason (such as to hook up an external Hi-Fi DVD player), you can add an external decoder (such as the Audio Tornado) for under $100. Not sure about availability down under, however.

------------------

Klipsch ProMedia Customer Service # is

1-888-554-5665