building a new HT system

jackson_ngo

hi all,

i'm think of setting up a new HT system with either the quintet or some klipsch bookshelf for a 5.1 system. I'm not going for floorstanders because of space constrain. Can anyone guild me along? i'll be using an yamaha amp to go along with it. Which model of yamaha amp will be better? Buget around $3000 for the entire set-up.

Thanks

4 RB-25's and one RC-35 can be had for 800 bucks + shipping.

leaves you plenty for a good receiver wires, stands, and a BMF'ing sub. But don't kid yourself, a sub to match thoes speakers is gonna take 1000+ bucks and a reciever should be no less then 500.

Apart from our space constraint I would still not get Floors if this was for home theater. Front speakers are not nearly as important as the center. Floors are really for music. And besides, for HT, they are not supposed to be bigger then the center.

If you want something a lil cheaper, Go with the RSX's and grab a RSW-12 with the saved money. They are quite a bit smaller then RB's and have much more mounting options too. They also require almost no power, Hell I can practically power them with my electric tooth brush.