Powered Sub setup

ATLDiver

All,

I've searched the forums for the following information and came up short even though my question is simple enough, (maybe even a little dumb.) I have two RP3 towers and rigged up to my H/T but I'm not sure my subs are configured correctly.

I have standard good quality 12ga wire connected into the top posts of each tower; each post (upper/lower) has the gold-plated bridge supplied by Klipsch. I'm using a Monster audio inter-connect cable from the back of my AVR to my right speaker's LFE-In and another Monster inter-connect from that same speaker's LFE-Out to the LFR-In on the left speaker.

My question is should I bring the AVR's lead into the Line-In on one speaker and use a dedicated Subwoofer cable to connect the two speakers?

If i understand correctly, you are asking if there is a difference between using a "long interconnect OR a subwoofer interconnect" to feed the signal from the R to L??

There is no magical science that goes into a sub-cable but it's just basically longer. The added length can sometimes increase your chances of getting EMI/RFI hum but the same applies to both the a regular or a sub cable. This basically means that a longer cable requires better shielding (or a balanced pro cable).

Are you getting a hum on the left channel only when there is no signal? This would be the only reason I'd see for upgrading that wire...

Rob

Rob,

No I'm not but I moved my gear around this weekend and after hooking everything up I just got to thinking maybe I was missing out on something. I am considering upgrading to dedicated sub cables of better quality but I was wondering if I'd *really* tell a difference with the dedicated cables.