10' ceilings, recommendations for speakers

twisted1272

Am new to the home theatre market and needed some advice. I am purchasing a 7.1 receiver and this is the setup I would prefer. Inwall speakers in front, ceiling speakers in rear, probably just wall mounted speakers on side. Have been looking at Klipsch and seem to be leaning towards them, only thing is with 10' ceilings will the ceiling speakers be too far away to produce the surround needed. And also, have seen some forums where people say not to mix reference with synergy, etc. is this true? Thanks from a newbie.

Hey twisted, welcome to the forum!

It is in your best interest to keep the same series of speaker for all speakers, be that Synergy, Reference, or other. While it is not "bad" to mix, the best sound would come from same series speakers because of the voice-match. However a mix is much more preferred over mixing and matching with different speaker brands ...

So:

Same Series > Mix of Series > Mix of different speaker brands.

I am not very familiar with the inwall Klipsch speakers, so I can't help you there. The majority of people on this board have visible speakers in their room so finding a lot of input to your questions might be difficult, but let's see..