What should I get next?

cdsang

The upgrade bug returns. Well, I am looking at 3 things I am thinking of getting but not sure what I should get. I am very interested in the Aragon 2005. The 3005 is very iffy. I want a new amp because my reciver keeps dieing out on me. A nice projector because my 14 inch is just to small. Doesn't need to be top of the line, but HDTV compatible at least with a limit of $2000. I have my eye on the Infocus X2. I was also looking at the SVS PB-2+. That is the model they suggested when they e-mailed me back. I wanted a bit more low end. Louder isn't so much a must at 30hz and up, its 30hz and down. Other suggestons of course are also welcome. I normally play video games and listen to music. Useally CD's(one has 20hz in it) but I wish they had more DVD-Audios or SACDs I want. I am not a fan of either as long as players can play both. My room size is 12 by 11 or around that area. I have a Aragon dealer that gives me at least 10% off and useally expensive stuff, I can get 20% off. Thank you advance

CD

Well, you have a nice set-up for a small room, I would get a Test CD and a SPL meter for $50, which will show that you probably need some RealTraps to flatten out the sound ($500), that will make everything sound better, I would also get a 32 TV for a couple of hundred bucks, that would be better for watching and playing games from across the room, lastly I would upgrade the receiver (but only because of the bad rep Yammies have on this site), maybe get 5 ASL Wave 8 tube amplifiers and use the Yammy as a multi-channel pre-amplifier9.gif

Well, its good none of you said Aragon because I just found out they don't sell that anymore. I do have a test CD and a Radio Shack SPL meter. I think I got before I even got RF-7s. A nice 32 sound like a good ideaa. I dont want to deal to much with room accustics because its not my house. A Projector sounds like a good idea as I have wanted one ever sense I saw one running. Big picture is the first thing that comes to mind. Picture quailty? Yes it came to mind, but the size just made me ignore it. I care more about audio then video. But thank you for your advice. I will try to look at those things and see if I can get my hands on any of it if I find I really like it.

CD

If you are considering a projector, keep in mind that you need to control all the light coming into the room for front projection to work it's best. A direct view television is a better choice for a multipurpose room. Also, keep in mind that projectors have very expensive bulbs, picky had to replace one in his projector, and it was around $ 400 u.s.