Looking to Create A "Budget" System/Set-up

zoran13

Well, I admit that I am a novice here but was hoping to get some advice on a few aspects of beginning to set up a decent system. I initially set out to get Klipsch speakers a month ago after many years of wanting to own them. I came across a great deal on a pair of SB.1 and an SC.1.

While these were not my choice, I could not pass up $150 for the lot. I still want a pair of floor standing mains. I do not wish to spend more than $650 for them. The ones I am really interested in are the KLF10's or 20's or perhaps the KSF-3's. The KLF's are of course much harder to find and the KSF-3's are just out of my range. To that, I have been reading a lot here about others suggesting the RF-35's as well. Still, probably more than $650.

Also, the Klipsch site indicates that only the KSF-1's or 2's would be "sonically" matched to the pair of SB.1's and SC.1 center that I have.

A consideration ..I mainly want the speakers for music listening although my room size is not very big .. 15 X 17.

I think I would like the (perceived ) better quality of the KLF's or even the KSF3 to the KSF-1/2's.

I listened to the KSF's and defeinitely preferred the KSF3 to the 1 & 2.

I have a Harman Kardon AVR320. Was thinking about upgrading to a NAD amp/receiver like one of their newer T-series. WIll I get better musical performance (with any of the speakers) using the NAD over the HK?

Any suggestions on mains? Would the KSF-2 be a good choice given that it would integrate perfectly with my existing SB.1's and SC.1? Should I start over in the speaker dept?

Any advice appreciated.

i agree with the nad upgrade, but everything else is badthe sf are the minimum place to start, but once you start mixing different series than your timbre-voice will be very unbalanced, and it will be very noticable in ht, but if you insist on mixing and matching, do not be in a hurry to upgrade the receiver, because the nad will bring out all of the system weaknesses, and the sf's are no match for the other mentioned speakers12.gif