preouts vs. outs

mandi

I am very dumb when it comes to this stuff but ya'll are educating me in a good way. So I have a new to me used tube amp (have not messed with it yet, still too busy with the kids) and purchased an old tuner. Now is it going to have to have preouts in order for me to use my amp?

It is a Scott 299B(i think that is the letter) and an old Kenwood Receiver. Sorry for the confusion. I got to thinking about this when I was looking at some new receivers that had preouts and when I asked what they were for I was told to go to an amp. Made me wonder if I would be able to use my tube amp with this kenwood reciever. I am trying to set up a system in the garage that I am turning into a "gameroom" and can move the speakers outside on BBQ weekends. My goal was to have everything cost under 500 bucks and sound great. I picked up a new Onkyo 5 disc DVD/CD changer for 5 bucks, it powers up but tray will not come out, maybe I can fix it.

Don't know that I need to but since I lurk more than post all this talk about tubes has me wanting to listen to speakers with a tube amp. I think my wife is going to put a Klipsch forum blocker on the computer if I purchase anything else. I told her I was done until we move and then we have to find a house where horns would work. They would work in the garage however, hehehe!!