Klipsch replacement diaphram advice COOL!

radiob

Klipsch parts department rules! Remember my post on chorus re-wire? I orderd 4 new tweeter diaph. and 4 new mid. diaph. and a new crossover on wed. they all showed up thursday, so again I am rockin. However, all of the new diaphrams are marked with a white - only, so is it - or+ ?, I hooked the mids up as negative,upon careful inspecton it seemed to be correct. I listen to my new speaker < I had put a new mid and tweet in only one at first> It sounded a lot better than the other,but I was not sure on phase, is white line - ? so I e-maild Klipsch a 5:30 last night, to my supprise they sent me one back at 6:00 same eav. What they told me was cool, they told me to install the diaphram in the magnet without the horn assy. attached, hook up a 1.5 volt aa battery to the leads, and if you have the positive of the battery connected to the positive of the horn voicecoil in the magnet, and the negative to the negative correctly, the voice coi will lift out of the magnet, and if it is reversed it will not lift. So I did this and of course I was wrong at first. They told me that the white line is nothing mor than an assembley mark and has nothing to do with + or -, So I decided to check my other speaker sure enough the the mid on it to was reversed! I would recommend this experment to anyone that is ready to be supprised! after sorting out this + and - issue, they sound great. The tweeters are marked with a +, and were ok, it is the mids witch need to be checked,check it out! It is the only way to know if you have them right.10.gif