Seeking information on power requirments for Sherborne amps & remote control lighting

YENDOR

Good day members,

I am starting to order all of the eletrical items for my ht so they are here when the eletraincan arrives. My 1st question , what is needed to run the sherbourne 7-21oo with out overloading the breakers ? I will have 2 surgex sxn.240 units connected at the main panel. there will be 3, 20 amp lines (RPTV, all audio and viedo and htpc) 1 , 20 amp line for lights reg and r/c .

2nd question

what lights work well with the phillips pronto r/c ?

also I would like to intergrate the the door bell into the light system

THank you

I will keep you posted on progress with pics and all

peace

Yendor

YENDOR: About your remote/lighting question:

I am running 8 zones of X-10 controlled, automated lighting using a single room, Lightolier PLC 5-Scene, Compose Ellipse wallplate controller that I use in conjuction with my Pronto TSU-3000 remote.

Unfortunatley, Lightolier's web site really sucks, so it's difficult to navigate and get information from. Give it a try if you wish: click here

----------------

On 6/15/2004 2:56:14 AM YENDOR wrote:

Good day members,

I am starting to order all of the eletrical items for my ht so they are here when the eletraincan arrives. My 1st question , what is needed to run the sherbourne 7-21oo with out overloading the breakers ? I will have 2 surgex sxn.240 units connected at the main panel. there will be 3, 20 amp lines (RPTV, all audio and viedo and htpc) 1 , 20 amp line for lights reg and r/c .

----------------

OK - first off. I'd route the TV and the video components off one circuit, the audio and the HTPC off the second, then use the third for the 7/2100. All you need is two plugs and that one line and you're straight - and you'll have the best isolation circuit you can get, which means that amp will sound even sweeter once it's plugged in and rolling. The rest of your equipment will be fine on a single 20amp - heck, I've seen entire HT's (using much less powerful integrated receivers) run on a 10a circuit via a line conditioner, so if the amp is out of the mix, 40 amps should be plenty to handle the rest of the system.

Secondly, I'll defer to Pirhana about the remote lighting, as I've never worked with the Pronto in remote lighting situations.