SW-12 on Ebay

rckpls

There's an SW-12 powered sub on Ebay that could be a good deal for someone here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5703901345&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

The SW-12 is a really good subwoofer, especially for music. I sold a bunch of them (back in the day) and always felt they were much better than the models that replaced it. They may not play as low as some of the others (28hz), but it will give you the rock-n-roll "thump" in your chest the newer subs can't deliver. An SW-12II went for $168 the other day....it just cracks me up to see that happen, and then see a KSW-12 sell for twice as much.

By the way, are there any others here that have heard the SW-12 (and/or SW-12II) compared to the newer Klipsch 12" subs, like the KSW-12 and RW-12? If so, how do you think they stack up?

I have a Sw-12 II and a RW-10. I use them both together in a HT set up. I think they compliment each other. If I use one with out the other, making the proper adjustments just to use one, my HT does not have the same punch.

The SW-12II has more of an upper punch but the passive radiator in my opinion is too small and gets overwhelmed. The RW-10 gets lower sounds tighter but lacks the upper punch. I hope is makes some sense.

Together they have improved my HT immensely.

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of the SW line of subs. I agree with you on the KSWs going for twice as much. Not sure if the folks buying them have ever been fully exposed to other Klipsch lines? Their loss. I have a SW-10 I got off of EBay for $125. It's in mint condition. I hope to find the SW-12 in the near future. I also own a RSW-12 and run it with my HT set up. For music my preference is the SW-109.gif