Bugs Bunny jazz

At one point I heard a CD that contained most or all of the old jazz tracks that were used in the old warner brothers cartoons, bugs bunny and coyote and such. It had tracks entitled "The Factory" and such. I love that stuff. Does anyone know what this is called?

There are several out there, most notably the two "Carl Stalling Project" albums. There's also "Bugs Bunny on Broadway" and a cd by the Beau Hunks featuring the music of Raymond Scott - "Celebration on Planet Mars." "Powerhouse" is what you are probably looking for - Stalling used it whenever technology was running amuck.

Check out the Beau Hunks' "Little Rascals" collection too. This CD, when combined with an ice cream cone of sufficient quality, has been known to cheer up the most "Eyoresque" of individuals.1.gif

I was suprized at the Carl Stalling cd as some "sessions" are outtakes, and he was apparently a perfectionist about his "music"...

Over and over again, for cryin' out loud. I suspect that he (Mr. Stalling) was a frustrated serious composer although there seems to be no evidence to support that assumption. It's no wonder that the WB cartoons are classics, it's clear that he was totally serious about it...

DM2.gif