Best Portable CD Player

Puma Man

Hey, I need a new portable CD player. Which CD player available on the market now has the best sound quality? I went into places like Walmart and Target and it's like all the CD players are now focusing more on X-tremism and crazy new features rather than good sound quality (based on reviews I've read). I just really need a nice sounding CD player to take advantage of my Grado headphones. I'd appreciate any input.

- Brett

After trying about 15-20 differnent units, I bought the panasonic SL-CT800. The main reason? Sound quality. I was above anything I've heard in a portable to date. Sure it wasn't the cheapest, but it came with alot of extras that were nice. It also has flawless skip protection and to this day even while jogging my music has remained uninertupted. Did i mention you can get up to about 100 hours playback on a single charge? I barely EVER have to charge it. I couldn't imagine recommending anything else. BEST money ive ever spent.

PLUS

---------------

extremely good soundquality

very small and light

great skip protection

backlit remote that shows id3 tag info

NiMH rechargable batteries

long long battery life

MINUSES

---------------

remote display scratches easily

can't fastforward through mp3s

headphones that come with it are garbage (I recommend sennheiser mx400/500's)