SVS Ultra or PB2+

Jay481985

Jay, I just recieved my new 25-31pc+ after going rounds with Tom from SVS. I too, had the same dilemma for music. I listen to mostly music at high levels (100-110db) and was concerned like you. Well, I can you to save your money on the Ultra unless that's what you want. The pc+ will blow you away. And, it digs down low to house rattleing bass for movies.I have it set at 25htz with no plugs and can't imagine wanting more bass.I use it with a pair of Cornwalls for mains and Heresy's for surrounds, with a KLFC7 center. You will not be dissapointed either way you go.

----------------

On 6/23/2004 7:40:50 AM dmethe3 wrote:

Jay, I just recieved my new 25-31pc+ after going rounds with Tom from SVS. I too, had the same dilemma for music. I listen to mostly music at high levels (100-110db) and was concerned like you. Well, I can you to save your money on the Ultra unless that's what you want. The pc+ will blow you away. And, it digs down low to house rattleing bass for movies.I have it set at 25htz with no plugs and can't imagine wanting more bass.I use it with a pair of Cornwalls for mains and Heresy's for surrounds, with a KLFC7 center. You will not be dissapointed either way you go.

----------------

dmethe3 i'd not like to upgrade in the future so I'd rather pay more now then later so it is between the pc ultra and the pb2+ and im being pushed in favor of the ultra with that review that someone posted

as others say in the hft and hts forum.. the pc+ is great... but the ultra is a whole 'nother beast.

i guess what u have to decide is this jay:

do u want more headroom and overall extension?

or

do u want better quality bass?

here's a word of advice though, i have the pc+ as u can see in my sig.... now, the pc+ is more than enough bass for me - the ultra ups the ante by about 1-2db... and that is a lot!

i want better bass over higher volume as i believe the ultra will be enough bass for me now that I think of it. God damnit now i read a article http://hiddenwires.co.uk/resourcesnews2004/news20040102-12.html

I wanted to get a pair of rf-7 and ultra but now this makes me rethink my plans... If they make the klipsch premiere speakers i want those lol even though the price may be more. and They so called said the subwoofer may be a 18 inch rsw premiere. So that makes me think. Should I wait and get better or get the rf-7 and svs in a few months which is when I will have enough. I feel more motivated to wait and see now that they say it will be released in 2005... Only a year away 8.gif

dude jay,

u want loud??? i have my svs pc+ dialed at 9 o'clock! 9 o'clock and it is keeping up with my synergy system downstairs... however, when i played unreal 2004 in my room with the svs paired with my axiom m22s.... i had the dial at 12... and i swear, i thought the the (when the tank rolled across the landscape) that my room was being DRAGGED across a rocky mountainside... when i launched a blast... i swear that the ceiling and the floor came closer together and almost smashed my head in.

dont believe me, ask all my friends... we were all there - then we got calls from the girls downstairs... boo!!

if u dont think the ultra is enough for u, either u have a castle or u are deaf.

i never said the ultra was not loud enough but I just want the best for my money and the PB2+ and the ultra are 50 dollars of each other. And I bet that your eyes were blurry from it lol 2.gif. Oh I'm not familiar with svs what is 9 oclock is that the weakest? and what is the max?