picked up a Samsung DVD-841 player

b-man1

well, my existing dvd player would not fit properly in my new audio rack (too deep) so i "had" to get a different one. hehe.

i want a denon 2200 or 2900 but until then i picked up the samsung dvd-841. it does the upconversion to hi-def,sacd, dvd-audio, etc.

one problem i've noticed is that when i jump to different tracks on a cd the first 1/2 second or so of the song is cut off. if i rewind to the end of the previous track and let it play continuously it is fine, but jumping directly to a track it won't start at the beginning.

i've tried numerous cd's (burned and store bought) and all do it...pretty annoying! i may have to return it, but if others have experienced this i won't bother because the next one may do the same thing.

as far as the HD upconversion...it only does it via the DVI output and i can't get the DVI cable plugged into my plasma yet because it is wall mounted and i can't squeeze back there to get it in.