NTA: (new toy alert) Out with the new , in with the old.

Pistol Pete

I have replaced my Yamaha RX-V3300 with an Aragon Soundstage ..reason: looking for better 2 channel and a better overall match for my Klipsch Reference speakers.

BTW yes that is a dent on the Soundstage..luckily that was the only damage that I can find so far and DHL will pay for that...I'll probably come out ahead when I am done with them.

----------------

On 6/23/2004 10:35:20 PM Pistol Pete wrote:

Thanks Pal but I am quite compentant with Adobe Photoshop , the pic is big because that is how I want it.

Why don't you get a job so you can pay for high speed internet...I dont cater to dial up users, sorry.
:)

----------------

Harsh...

I think the Aragon products look beautiful... how much did you pay for it?

"harsh">>>>>>

Yes that was abit harsh but his statement was not very productive either...anyhow lets move on, shall we?

"how did you get that dent?">>>>>

DHL dropped the box smack dab on that corner of the box..and mind you this is a pretty reasonable box and custom dense foamlike stuff surrounded the Soundstage as well, the corner had to be pushed in roughly 3-4 inches to contact the Soundstage corner.

@ 35lbs I'd imagine it had to fall at least 5' , if it had just landed on the side it probably would have been fine but the corner of the box took the entire load.

The buttons on the unit would not work when I first hooked it up...the face had been pushed out of alignment ..I adjusted the face and everything else seems ok now but its no longer mint as it was.

What I have going for me is the sender put this on my DHL account and sent it overnight express even after I specifically asked her to send it ground....its going to cost nearly $200 in shipping. Anyways the good news is

that since it was shipped express and its a high dollar shipping tab DHL will most likely make it good.

At the very least I'll get a new face plate, a factory check-up from Aragon and my shipping cost waived...at

best I'll get every cent back that I paid for it , the shipping fee waived and get to keep the unit I have.

If I really wanted to work them I could get a new Stage One out of the deal..but since DHL has been co-operative so far I'll take the high road.