has bose ever made a good product for the price???

Scp53

Im glad I know what real speakers are. KLIPSCH!!! 9.gif not some crap from that cost 5 times what its worth.

just a note: the other day I was in sears and asked a guy if they still had Klipsch(the quitet II). he looked at me and said "eclipse". Im like no "k l i p...". he says, nope never heard of them. he said sears sells ht systems. you call "ht in a box" a ht? give me a break. Its sad how many don't now what kind of speakers go into a ht system(or even music systems). the subs in those systems arn't even subs really(but many still beat the bose crapmodule 14.gif)

Okay, I'll confess! I own a Bose Acoustic Wave Radio and when used as an "instant patio party boombox", it is hard to beat! I drag the box cross country for this role......

Interesting that they used a folded horn for the bass, isn't it?!

Would I pay $1000 for one new? Don't think so! $4-500 on ebay is more like it....

Wish Klipsch made a competing product with the flexibility, portability, style and output of the Acoustic Wave. If they ever decide to may I suggest it play DVDs and MP3's.

So, in short, I'm happy with the AWR, but not with the value per $$$.

Back in the '70's I had 2 pairs of 901's, each powered by a Carver M-400 "Cube" amplifier (200 watts per channel). The sound was as good or better than anything else I was hearing at the time.

Of course, I lived in Key West, Florida, and had limited opportunity to hear anything else. In fact, the competition was Pioneer, JBL, and Kenwood. Only the JBL could come close.