Now appearing for a short time on the 2 channel forum....

maxg

"And when I took on the job of moderating the entire forum, I thought "piece of cake" because the ProMedia section, largley made up of teenagers, is for the most part very well behaved."

Just don't mention the forbidden word "adult" and we'll all be fine. 1.gif.

----------------

On 6/24/2004 2:12:06 PM Amy Unger wrote:

It's a funny thing, we didn't have nearly the political threads/comments that we did until I mentioned that they wouldn't be allowed anymore.

----------------

I respectfully disagree.

• Moderators

Well, it is possible to be an "adult" and have a good sense of humor (and yes, I like fini's sense of humor too) and "playful" nature, but the difference comes with maturity--you should know when humor turns into sarcasm or mockery.

So I think it's ok to be an adult, personally.

And I don't want to turn this forum into a place to discuss everyone's manners and acceptable ways to behave to make your mom proud. I just think there are a few in here who could step up to the plate a little and refrain from past patterns. I hope that's not too much to ask.

• Moderators

I don't mean anything bad by saying that, please don't take it that way, and it's directed at no one imparticular. I think we can all improve in various ways, forum related or not! Don't you?

Well this was meant to be a mildly humerous post - not a political treatice.

I was in the middle of posting when I noticed the submit button and it cracked me up is all.

Can we clear something up on the forum?

I understand Political is not allowed, now. This thread, if it is anything, is political (small p) and not Political - that not allowed either?

I have written to the moderator of this board - asking for clarification of the rules - but no response to date....any clues from the rest of the gang?

Yup - cerebral, thats me.

Actually a correction - I did get a response from the moderator - in my email as opposed to in my PM box.

Didnt think to look in there - Doh!!!

So much for cerebral!!

BTW - I just had a weird problem with this site and couldnt post at all on my computer in the office. I just had to delete all my history files and my cookies to get it to work. Happened yesterday after the system ignored the contents of a previous message on this thread and posted a blank entry. Wonder what happened?

And that message was to explain that I had discovered that if you are in Rich text mode you get the save option and in normal mode you get the "submit"....instruction? 9.gif

C'mon MOM, can't we just have a little more fun!!

Amy (moderator) please realize that the 'quirkiness' that makes us aficianados (sp?) of the MIGHTY KLIPSCH SPEAKERS also comes with a wicked cerebral sense of humor and play. This group has a lot more in common that interest in high-fidelity. If you read enough posts, particularly the off-subject ones, I think you'd find that we possibly love fast cars, offbeat humor, very winged politics, etc. We're just bonding here with our pseudo-political jibes.

Now back to our regularly-scheduled thread... re the 'submit' item..

In the words of Douglas Adams "Hitch-hikers Guide to the Universe"

(spoken as our hero Ford Prefect is about to be thrown in the void of space from a Vogon Destructor Vessel)

RESISTANCE IS USELESS!!!

• Like 1