marantz 6200 vs other recievers 400

tlynch6988

Any A\V Receiver can do HT decoding, Dolby 1\2, DTS, NEO6, etc etc etc....

When it comes to music quality, especially 2 channel(I have a turntable, reel to reel, and casette tape even)there is no Receiver that covers the highs, mids, lows, better than Marantz IMO, and in all honesty I own their Reference line and couldn't be happier.

It's not seperates, but as a stand alone A\V Receiver damn good...IMO

I will say Denon, is a great product also, alot of people here own Denon, but then again, they are both owned by the same Company 2.gif

The SR6200 is an older model from 02\03, if you can afford a few extra bucks, and work the best deal you can, check out the SR7300OSE, there's a sweet piece at a good value for it's build, and will last you a few years...oh yes... 10.gif

----------------

On 6/26/2004 7:16:42 PM boomer9911 wrote:

I will say Denon, is a great product also, alot of people here own Denon, but then again, they are both owned by the same Company

----------------

I don't believe they are owned by the same company (Philips). At least Denon was not owned by Philips (which owns Marantz) several years ago.

Also I would say check out both Denon and Marantz before you buy. Denon is popular but the only reasons I can figure out why is because they have good marketing, good literature, and a good website.

I first bought a high-end Denon and found it not only didn't sound that great but the ergonomics of using it were plain bad. I shipped it back and bought the Marantz. The intelligence with which Marantz is designed will show itself the more you use it. Stuff you don't even think of will show up that makes you say "that's really designed well."

For example the Denon I owned for a couple of months didn't come on automatically when the TV was turned on. The Marantz does. Maybe Denon does now but it didn't then.