HELP....nothing from RR channel but static

I was listening to my new Mariah single and i noticed that there was nothing coming from the right rear speaker but static. I swapped speakers and discovered it wasnt the speaker unit but the right rear channel itslef that was the problem. I checked all the connections and all looked well except when i got to the back of my sub where i almost burned my hand on the back of it. The sub was scorching hot. So i unplugged the whole unit for a couple hours to let it cool down. I fired it up only to find that the problem remains. :-( Anybody had this problem or offer any advice? Please help!!

What sound card do you have? If SBL! series, make sure the fronts are hooked to the green output and the rears are in the black output

Also, try switching cables around to see if it is the cable that is the problem.

How long have you had these speakers and did the RR work before?

• 2 weeks later...

i have never had this problem... if it was just he right rear... the plug should nor be the prob since that would also effect teh left rear... maybe it was just at the right level to do that...i don't know... hasent this happened to a lot of ppl?

------------------

-justin

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/