Definitive Technology Studio 80/100 monitors

hungmeister

Mr. Meister, you do realize this is a Klipsch forum right? Does Def Tech have a website with a forum? Perhaps you could get a better opinion there. Try Audioreview.com. If you are going with Def Tech mains and center the logical choice for your rear speakers would be the ones you mentioned. If you were using Klipsch speakers as mains and center the rear would be dull and lifeless in comparison with your mains. It's your money and your choice though.

Oh yeah. I forgot I was on Klipsch. So many good threads here that mention so many products, that I forgot Klipsch forum would be biased toward Klipsch speakers. :) I'm also looking at the RSX4, which is a bit large for satellite speakers, but the looks and sound are good (I had one a few months ago, but decided to trade them in for RF-35, when I decided I didn't mind the size of the towers).

----------------

On 7/2/2004 9:29:43 PM hungmeister wrote:

Oh yeah. I forgot I was on Klipsch. So many good threads here that mention so many products, that I forgot Klipsch forum would be biased toward Klipsch speakers.
:)
I'm also looking at the RSX4, which is a bit large for satellite speakers, but the looks and sound are good (I had one a few months ago, but decided to trade them in for RF-35, when I decided I didn't mind the size of the towers).

----------------

If I understand correctly, you have RF-35's up front as your mains? What are you using for the center? I would highly suggest trying to stick with Klipsch Reference for surrounds if at all possible, not because I am biased and this is the Klipsch forum, but because it'll give you the best match sonically all the way around if you can stay within the same make and line of speakers. If you thought the RSX4 satellites are too big, Klipsch is coming out with an RSX-3 satellite. I've heard a complete RSX-3 system in Indy, and for that small of speaker, I was very impressed with the overall sound. Not much larger than the Bose dual-cube speakers, but sounded way, way better. That complete system was also much cheaper than an equivalent Bose system. I only mention Bose just to give you an idea of size and quality in comparison. These are smaller than the RSX-4s (they have 3" drivers)), so these may fit the bill better for you.

----------------

On 7/5/2004 2:17:17 AM hungmeister wrote:

I have the RC35 center.

I was actually about to get 2 pair of the RSX4's and just "live" with the way they hang off the wall, but news of the RSX3 is great! Any idea when the RSX3's will be available and cost?

----------------

I don't know exactly when they are supposed to be out. I would imagine within the next couple months, if not already.

As for price, I don't know how much the satellites would be individually. I did hear a price of around $950 or so for a complete 5.1 set (4 RSX-3, 1 RCX-3, and RW-8 (?) sub).

Given that, I would guestimate that the satellites themselves should go for around $150 to $200 each. Maybe less, maybe more. If you got a good dealer nearby, they may have a better answer as to availablebility and pricing, or try calling Klipsch customer service and see what they say.