RF-35 problem -nedd help!

jabaker

I just noticed one of the drivers of one of my RF-35's rattling.I called the authorized dealer where I bought it in Kansas.He suggested that I take the driver out and check for loose connections-either wires to the driver or crossover wires.I then called Klipsch(I didn't want to void my warranty)-They said that that was a first-driver or voice coil going bad in a RF-35-He wanted to know what reciever I was using-Told him onkyo tsr701-100 watts a channel-Technican couldn't believe it--he said that the dealer that I bought it from would have to fix it-that I could go ahead and take the speaker apart and see if there were loose connections-I might have to just send the driver----I took the speaker apart and set the driver on my sub-I left it hooked up and played some music-The driver did not work at all unless I pushed slightly on the woofer-QUESTION-Do I need to send the whole speaker in or just the driver-Is the problem in the driver's voice coil,rubber surround separated or the crossover.What are your suggestions?-I don't want to do without that great Klipsch sound for long!!-Please reply soon!

sounds like your connection from the speaker terminals(the ones right on the "bad" woofer) to the voice coil are not connecting well. if this is the case(sounds like thats the problem) then all you can do is get a new one.

scp53