DirecTV goes Dish marketing strategy!

Griffinator

I worked for the company that builds almost all of the Dish receivers. They moved construction of the low end models to Mexico about 3 years ago (sending a few hundred US employees to the unemployment office). We were left with all the PVR models and new product developement. I'm glad the PVR's are doing well for all the people left behind.

If you only knew the stories I do about Dish / Echostar - lol!

1.gif

----------------

On 7/30/2004 12:12:16 PM gcoker wrote:

That's a shame. That was the main reason I started with Directv

over Dish was the third party (Sony) receivers.

----------------

That's what I'm concerned about. With RCA making all their low-end receivers and Hughes making the high end, I expect QC and qualtiy options to go straight down the toilet.

Guest Anonymous

you want to know what i was told..... i don't know if this is ture or not but someone told me that lg (the korean maker of horrible electronics) was making everything for directive all along as far as the hd boxes go... they made the sony one, the samsung, the hughes, all of them... i don't know if thats ture but i do know i really dislike lg

Guest Anonymous

that is interesting.... i used to wonder why zenith was still in buisness seeing how a lot of what they make is preety raunch... but then i found out they make like 30% of remotes that are used....

----------------

On 8/3/2004 8:31:51 PM Gramas701 wrote:

that is interesting.... i used to wonder why zenith was still in buisness seeing how a lot of what they make is preety raunch... but then i found out they make like 30% of remotes that are used....

----------------

Zenith makes some really nice plasmas and projectors. Yeah, they put their name on (LG) subcontracted garbage, but so does Sylvania, and I don't see anyone snubbing their tubes because of the ratty TV's and DVD/VCR combos being sold under their label.