Curiosa Festival

skeptic

Just got back from the Curiosa festival at Merriweather Post Pavallion (in columbia Md). Anyone else go to any of the curiosa concerts? Interpol was amazing, for such a young band, they really performed well. The Cure sounded amazing. Merriweather has good accoustics. It sounded nearly as good live as on my Heresys ;)

• 3 weeks later...

skeptic,

What's the status on the future of Merriweather Post. I've heard the powers that be are going to tear it down, then I heard it was going to be renovated. I'm one of those older guys with alot of fond memories of Merriweather. The first concert I attended there was in 1972 - Emerson, Lake & Palmer on their "Trilogy" tour. Great place for a concert. I used to go there quite a bit.

I go to Merriweather quite a bit, the latest I've heard is that the county (Howard) is possibly going to buy the land to prevent it from becoming residential housing.

The pavillion is under new management this year, and looking better than ever! They have new video screens so sitting on the lawn you can still see whos playing,new sound system, and some really cool sculptures all around the area. They also put a ton of sound absorbing panels on the ceiling of the pavillion, I thought it really improved the sound.

A great place to see shows in the DC area for anyone who has never been!