what are the best hook-ups?

hbyc

recently bought a rsw12,but rather puzzled! some suggeest that i should connect the line between sub out from the av receiver and the LFE in of the sub, with crossover switched off.others suggest i should connect the line between sub out from the av receiver and line in of the sub,with crossover switched on,(i have no external cross over)....how do you hook it up?please help!

quote:

"Any time you use the sub out on your receiver, you should bypass the crossover in the sub. That is because the receiver is already doing the crossover work. You would use the sub crossover if you were connected the sub to the speaker level connections on your receiver."

that sub has no speaker-level connections.

provided the receiver's sub-out IS for filtered LFE output (as most are), then you should bypass the sub's crossover.

use the sub's crossover if you are connecting it to pre-amp level outputs of a receiver or amp, or to an unfiltered sub-out jack.

another question:my av receiver has two subs pre out,should i connect them both with the two line in terminals of the sub?( if so, should i switch on or off the crossover on the sub?) will this method destroy the sub?or will it affect or improve sound effects? badly need your help!

Using both outputs should be fine. In my KSW-10 manual it suggests using a "Y" to connect a single out from a receiver to both inputs for a 6dB gain. Nothing will hurt the sub as long short of cranking your receiver volume and/or the sub gain too much. (Ok, throwing out off the top of a moving semi going over the Golden Gate bridge would hurt it, but you know what I mean.) Disable the cross-over on your sub, period.

John