Wall-mounting RB 5II's?

tmilam

I have a pair of RB 5 II's that I would like to use as my rear surrounds in a 5.1 system with RF 7 fronts and RC 7 center and SVS PB2+ sub. I am seriously considering wall-mounting these speakers due to space constraints. I have a similar thread on another forum, and one suggestion was "Omnimount." I was wanting to hear from any members who have attempted this or from any who may have other suggestions on this topic. Any help is appreciated.

Todd

I don't know if any of the Omnimount swivel wall mounts is stout enough for the RB5's. You're talkig a pretty big cabinet there. Do yours have the bass port in the back? If so, you'll want to take the position of the RB5 from the ceiling and wall corners pretty carefully to avoid port 'boom'. Sorry, I don't have any suggestions other than to fabricate a bracket engineered for your room and tastes.

The RB 5 II's are listed on their site as speakers that the Omnimount 30.0 can easily handle. They are heavy-duty stainless steel mounts and I ordered a pair last night. I'm praying that they work like I want them to. As for fabricating speaker mounts----I'm without a clue in that area, and don't even know someone who would. I'm hoping that setting the crossover high enough on the PB2+ will avoid any port "boom" the RB 5 II's would give.

I haven't set anything up yet. I am waiting to get all materials in place because it will be quite a chore moving the entertainment center away from the wall in order to run wires and connect this to that, so on and so forth. I'm pretty much a noob to the entire HT scene, so I'm not exactly clear when you say "running the RB 5's off the highpass through your sub."