SACD DVD-A connection question

malechi

I just got my DENON DVD-2200 player in today and I want to buy the connections for Multi-channel Audio (ie. SACD and DVD-Audio) I noticed the back of the DVD player has 8 outputs (SL,SR,C,SW,FL2,FL1,FR2,FR1). The receiver I'm planning to purchase (the AVR-1082) has the same 8 inputs. Do I need 8-channel Audio Cable (7.1) or 6-channel Audio Cables (5.1)?

I have a Denon 1600 connected to a Denon 3802 (exact same unit as the AVR1082 - and a fine receiver it is). It too has the same 8 outputs (the 1600 that is). Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that the outputs are FL1, FR1, C, RR, RL & SW for surround outputs, with the FL2 and FR2 being additional outputs for auxillary/additional stereo out....like if you run a pair into another room or something.....not 'enhanced effects'. In other words, the same thing that comes out of FL1 comes out of FL2.

I don't think that the 1082 has FL1, FL2, FR1, FR2, C, RR, RL SW surround inputs but rather FL, FR, C, RR, RL, SL, SR, & SW. The SL and SR being 'surround' L & R - for side L & R placement, and the RR and RL being 'rear' L & R for rear or 'back' placement.