Speaker Rattle

timrsl

My control pod speaker just startled rattling the other day. Being in school studying electrical engineering and with the speakers out of warranty, I decided to open up the speaker and have a look for myself. The rattle is coming from something loose inside the main woofer. The sound seems to be coming from within the humped out portion of the woofer and not from behind with the magnet. Now that whole section is sealed off. Is there any possible way to get inside the speaker without ruining anything?

So you've opened up the satelite enclosure, inspected the woofer and located the rattling to be from the woofer. Then you concluded that the rattling was coming from the cone of the woofer.

By "humped out portion" I take it you mean (central) cone. There shouldn't be anything in the cone that rattles. Unless the cone is torn, there is nothing there but pieces of polypropylene and glue. I'd double check. I'd check whether or not the woofer performs normally with the rattle. If it does than it must be a piece of plastic inside the enclosure or surrounding it.