Academy Center speaker

chasliss

It's what I use with my cornwalls and I'm perfectly content. It's not a perfect match but the best you'll get with a true "center channel" speaker. Another Lascala would be best. A Belle or Cornwall would be better and lots of folks use heresys. I only have room for the academy though. Sounds great to me but nothing close to having the same 3 speakers up front which is ideal.

I would not recommend the Academy for a match as center for La Scala's. IMO you will notice the timbre difference. even though the Academy is part of the 'extended Heritage" series. It is a much better match to Fortes and the like. For La Scalas I would go in this order of preference for a center:

1. La Scala

2. Belle Klipsch

3. Cornwall Vertical

4. Cornwall I or II

5. Heresy I or II

----------------

On 8/28/2004 10:13:44 PM J.4knee wrote:

I would not recommend the Academy for a match as center for La Scala's. IMO you will notice the timbre difference. even though the Academy is part of the 'extended Heritage" series. It is a much better match to Forte’s and the like. For La Scala’s I would go in this order of preference for a center:

1. La Scala

2. Belle Klipsch

3. Cornwall Vertical

4. Cornwall I or II

5. Heresy I or II

----------------

What would you recommend for people who only have room for a standard size center channel speaker and have no intention of building their own? I already gave those options you stated above but IMO the academy, while not an exact match, is probably the closest. Do you disagree?