System Questions...

DBvader

Hi! i just sold my Klipsch 4.1s, Sound Card, and Cable (Monster) to a friend for 350. and here i am sittin on my computer...wit no sound. Consequestly, i am forced to look at the beatiful picture of the 5.1s and dream of the day that they will be in stock. O yeah the point of my post...Sound Cards, everyone has one, i need one. What is a good card, i was just looking for a cheap OEM SB LIVE! 5.1, but what is all of this i hear about the Game Theatre XP? Who makes it, and is the sound quality really better than the SBLIVE!? is this actaully an accepted sentiment? On the first will only the website be selling the 4.1s or will every retailler, because i really dont wanna pay 20 dollars or more for shipping. when i ordered my first pair of pros, i ordered them from www.outpost.com but since then those morons got rid of their free shipping deal. and what is this that i always here about the Game Theatre being able to take Stero Sound and distribute it to 5 channels, can the 5.1 SBL do that? o well. please get back to me, thanks

Vader

------------------

BRING ON THE POWER!

There's already been a hundred and one posts on this topic, so to break it down very simply, If you need lots of extra connections Go with the GTXP, if all you need is a basic 5.1 sound card with Great sound get the Philips Acoustic Edge. Both are great cards and both are better than their SoundBlaster equivalent.

As to your second question the 5.1;s are supposed to have spring clips on the back of the speakers rather than the miniplugs. So any wire can be used easily.