Free 6N1Ps to any DRD owners

Erik Mandaville

I'm not using the former 6N1P drivers now that my amps are somewhat back to their former Horus self -- which I am considering selling in order to design and build something else

So, I have 4 6N1Ps which is the driver used in the Welborne DRD amps. If there is anyone here who would like them, please let me know. I'm not trying to make money off of these, since they are really not very expensive. If you have an amp that can use them, please take them and enjoy -- or just keep around as backups.

Erik

Erik,

PM Sent.

----------------

On 9/2/2004 4:23:59 AM maxg wrote:

Oh typical. 6N1P's are also used in the Decware ZTPRE and I just picked up a new quad (2 in use - 2 spares).

Svetlana's in my case - same for you?

----------------

Max,

The ones I have in use are whatever brand Welborne supplies with their amps. Not sure if the ones Erik has offered are the same.

Mine are the Svetlana's so that looks like a good fit for the 2 of us. I wonder if there are sonic differences between the 2 in my pre-amp? According to the manual I should only use the Svet's - but I am not one to be governed by such things....

I'm pretty certain that so far only Svetlana and Sovtek make this type of tube.

I've tried both, several pairs of both including a cryo'd Sovtek pair, and find that the Svetlanas have a nicer midrange, softer bass, the Sovteks a stronger bass, but a rougher high end, that was in my Decware Select, my Decware Monoblocks and my Dynaco cd player (no longer using the Select or the Dynaco). I ended up preferring a number of 6922s to the 6N1Ps, principally Siemens which I am using in the Monoblocks now (and for about two years in the Select before I bought the Monoblocks and sold the Select).

Just my two cents! I'm really enjoying my new all Decware system!

----------------

On 9/3/2004 3:34:01 AM maxg wrote:

Mine are the Svetlana's so that looks like a good fit for the 2 of us. I wonder if there are sonic differences between the 2 in my pre-amp? According to the manual I should only use the Svet's - but I am not one to be governed by such things....

----------------

Are you interested in trying the Sovtek's? If so shoot me your address and I will forward the pair to you.