New Sony ES receivers.

soulman

Anyone have any experience with the new Sony ES recivers? The SDR 5000? or 9000? Would they be a good match for RF7/RC7?RS7 series speakers? I was looking at the crutchfield catalog. I'm running an Integra 6.1 now, but am looking for a little better bass management/more full range sound than I'm getting now. Any reciever about $1500 or less is what I'm looking for, also a "warm sounding reciever". I won't buy any Yamaha's, eww. Thx alot guys for your suggestions.1.gif

scott

I don't care much for the sonys myself and am not exactly sold on the digital amplification. Denon or harmon would be someything to look at. Den 4802R is a little outdated compared to some new recievers but has good performance and a torodial power supply for good current.

This posting may be a little outdated, but here I go...

I have a sony ES receiver from a few years ago. I forgot hte model number, but it's either 555 ES or 333 ES. To be honest with you, I'm not a really huge fan of it. Why? It's too hard to setup. The documentation is HORRIBLE (doesn't explain what things mean). I don't know, just overall, I'm not really happy with it. I have all sony components, and it seems like the slink just doesn't work how the instructions says it works.

I do have a sony XBR tv and that, I can say I am happy with. But as far as the other components go, I would look elsewhere. If I had the money to get a new receiver, I think I would go with denon or maybe an onkyo.