Is There A Program Where You Get A FULL Stereo Signal From All 4 Speakers?

Zoltan

Are there any other audio programs, BESIDES Foobar 2000 that lets you get a full stereo signal to all 4 speakers?

Also, for you Foobar 2000 users: The equalizer is a pain-in-the-a**. What are the optimal settings for it? I know it's all about personal preference, but I can't get a good sound using it's E.Q. 8.gif I was so use to WMP's 10 band eq, but this is much more advanced.

Any other advanced settings for Foobar you reccommend tooling around with, that's important to the sound quality?

if you have a sound blaster live or audigy there is an option called CMSS wich copy the sound of the front channels on the rears.

the rears are a little bit less loud than the front with this system.

if you have a 5.1 setup the front channels are copied on the rears and a mix of the front channels is sent to the front center.

the rears and the front center are weaker than the two front.

i hope it s clear and it will help you.

2.gif

Thanks Magnum. 2.gif That improved sound quality a little bit.

Unfortunately, these speakers do not sound nearly as good as my old Altec Lansings....no matter what the settings are.

The more time goes by, the less I enjoy them. In fact, I'm starting to loathe them.

I might get the Creative Gigaworks S700. Their 5.1 system.

Don't do that - look into replacing the satellites. The amp is certainly good enough. I would say go for a pair of RB-25s for the mains... it would improve your stereo listening tremendously, and at under $300, it an option that's cheaper than buying the Megaworks and will certainly sound better.

If you wanted to preserve a balanced surround system while getting good stereo sound, you could grab a good old Marantz or HK stereo integrated from ebay at $100-150 along with the RB-25s ($270) and have two separate systems.

meuge,

I've never heard of HK and Marantz. I'll look them up online.

Woah....the RB-25's are $300 a pair. That's a bit out of my range for just 2 speakers. If you can tell me what kind of speakers I can get 4 for $300, that would work.

The Creative Gigaworks S700 is only around $300.