Klipsch club systems vs. Home systems - best match?

rminten

I've been to several dance clubs (very large) that have Klipsch systems...and they sound incredible. If I'm looking to duplicate this sound at home, on a much smaller scale of course, what series is the best match? Heritage? Reference? Legend? I think, based on the club systems being all Horns (from my observance of the speakers), it would be the Heritage series. Is this correct?

And, could someone explain the differences, soundwise, in the 4 heritage series speakers? I think they are all 'horns' vs. cones. Is this right?

Also, are the Heritage series meant to be home speakers..run off a home amp? are they all 3-way? Can you really push the Heritage series loud and get good thumping bass...and a good kick\slam in the mid-lows?

Thanks for the answers!

Randy

My LaScalas, and the K-horns and Belles, use cones for the bass drivers and the wood cabinet to make the horn. It is for sending out a lot of bass, not necessarily low bass. Both of the other folded horn loudspeakers are rated 10Hz lower than my LaScalas, but I have not missed it. It is like being inside of the cabinet with bass coming from everywhere.

I have a big room for LaScalas, though not dancehall size. In my opinion, you will come real close with the new RF-7 line: enough air movement to fill a small room and decibels to fill dancehall. I want to "ear" test the newer Tractix horns to compare with my RF-3 pair. The RF-3 came real close to the Heritage sound for a lot less money. The RF-7 are still less than half the price of Heritage (excluding the Heresey, which is not meant for bass and is not horn-loaded, nor vented/ported. When you are inside of the bass cabinet of the horned loudspeakers, the Heresey just fills out the soundstage of the HF and MF.)

Pete C..thanks for the information..very helpful! I'm probably a bit away from getting the Heritage series speakers...maybe the LaScalas. I need to pay off the RF-7's, RC7 and RS7's (see below)! I've found sound KLF-30's for about $845 a pair...so I might move to these for my other room that needs speakers (other room with the 7's is my Home Theatre room) until I've paid everything off and can go for the gusto and get the Heritage series! What do LaScala's usually run? Are these the ones I should get for some good slam\kick in the mid and low? How are the uppers on these?

Anyway...I just got my RF-7's...they're still in the SUV, so I haven't heard them yet. I hope they've got the slam\kick that I'm looking for from Klipsch....basically what I've heard in the clubs. I'll post later tonight with a review.

One question I do have. You mentioned the 'newer Tractix horns'. Have they been redesigned for the RF-7's? Are they different than the horn for the RF-5's? I'm hoping for some BIG sound and Kick...we'll see.

Thanks alot!

Randy

Heritages YES(not THX certified if thats "important"). The Old Legends and New Reference series may be what your looking for in dynamics, punch, and cost wise. If "space" is an issue you can get the Quints with a good punch at a good price. All depends on your available space and donairs$$$$$$$$$$Smile.gif

The horn system is what Klipsch is famous for, thats why your DJ system sounds so good. So from the honey's of the Heritages to the small economical Quints,(heck even the Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 computer system) doesn't matter much, so long as it's Klipsch it's a beauty in depth, richness, etc.

My HT Still Under Construction Smash.gif

Oiled Oak Klipschorns(f)

Klipsch La Scala's(rs)

Klipsch Oiled Oak Hersey II's(s)

2-Klipsch KLF-C7's (c, rc)

Subwoofer(Xmas 2001)Klipsch RSW15,KEFTDM45,SVS 20-39PC

Adcom ACE-515 Enhancer(surge protection\conditioner}

Marantz 6200 turntable(1976)

Marantz SR18EX A\V Receiver

3-Marantz MA700 mono block amps(Khorns, C7 rc)

Marantz VM5100 S-VHS hifi

Marantz Progressive Scan DV7100 DVD

Marantz CD4050 dual cassette

Marantz DR4160 3 disk carousel with single tray CDR

Toshiba 50HX70 HDTV

DVDO Iscan V2 (line doubler)

all Monster speaker\video\digital\etc cables

Klipsch Pro Media 2.1(IBM laptop)

Klipsch is awesome in any space and environment Biggrin.gif

This message has been edited by boomer9911 on 07-29-2001 at 10:37 PM