problem with my SW12II

mr84monte

My SW12II recently has acquired a bass problem and I was hoping someone might have an idea to a solution. First of all I know it's not the receiver because I just bought a new Yamaha RX-V1400 thinking my old receiver was the problem. Anyway what happens is while listening to any source the bass will be loud then be softer. In the sense that one time you will play a movie and the bass is really loud, but then you rewind it and play it again and the bass will be a normal level. Do you think it could be the sub cable?

• 1 month later...

Well after calling tech, it does sound like its the amp. I thought I found a way around it, by not connecting it through the sub out on my Receiver, but yesterday when I turned it on, there was no bass, and then I turned it up and boom it came back on. My question now is if anyone knows of a place that rebuilds Klipsch amps? Tech said they dont have any around anymore and gave me a number to another place, but they also didnt have any, so the guy recommended sending it out to be rebuilt. Id like to find a local place, just in case there are problems, but if I cant then what can you do? Im in Seattle WA. Also anyone have an idea on the cost of a rebuild? Should I just start saving for an SVS system? The guy at the second store didnt seem to realize I was the customer and not a shop and kept saying this guys going to cry when he finds out how much it will cost.