Rear Speaker Trouble (Getting sound...just not the right sound...)

Derango

I just got the ProMedia 4.1's from outpost.com and I have a slight problem with them. All the speakers emit sound fine. Its just that the left and right rears don't seem to be using different channels. I guess I should explain further.

I have a Sound Blaster Live! Value without the digital connection and when I go into my speaker settings controll pannel and Run the test it says the following: From the front left speaker: "Front Left" From the Front Right speaker: "Front Right" From both rear speakers "Rear Left .... Rear Right"

I have checked the connections (to the best of my ability, and I have found that I seem to have connected everything correctly. I think it has somthing to do with either the wire comming from the controll pod...or somthing in the sub.

I plugged in my previous speakers to test if the same thing happened with them, and they worked properly.

I can use the speakers as they are now....but I would realy like to get this problem resolved since it hampers DVD playback.

This message has been edited by Derango on 07-30-2001 at 08:18 PM

hmmm this happened to me when i first got my speakers...

i just shut everything down... rewired everything, from teh computer to the back of the sub box...

then it worked fine... if this does not work, check you surround nob and see if youc an fix it with that.. and then make sure you are on 4.1 not like 5.1 or set up for digital... i am assuming you have SB Live!. if nothing fixes it... it has to be something in the ProMedia's

------------------

-justin

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

Nope...I rewired the speakers and it didn't change anything.

I'm guessing that either the control pod wire is routing the signals incorrectly, or the subwoofer isn't bothering to split the rear signals (maybe a wire touching it should be touching?) and sending both left and right rear channels to both rear speakers.