RB-75 vs RB-35 vs RS-7 vs RS-35

unimorpheus

I have just added the RC-7 to my RF-5/RWS-12 mix and am know contemplating the rear speakers in a 5.1 system. One of the biggest problems I have encountered with the decision to go with RF-5 mains is the size of the matching components. I still say the RC-7 is too big for the RF-5s.

What I am wondering is what would be the most appropriate system for the rear channels? I know Klipsch recommends RS-7s for this system but in a one bedroom apartment w/ a 12'x14' "living" room this is already become a loose your lease setup. Also the RF-7 series gear is huge. Did I say that already? I am considering the RB-75, RB-35, RS-7 and RS-35 for rear fill but I am also concerned about the RB-35s and RS-35s differing in tone from the RF-5s. Any thoughts?

I recently upgraded my center channel to an RC-7 from an RC-35. My front mains are RF5's, and I find that the RC-7 matches them perfectly. The 8" woofers in the RC-7 are identical to those in the RF5's, and the horn (although not identical) is also an 8" like that of the RF5's.

I'm currently using RS-35's for the surrounds, but I plan to upgrade them to RS-7's in the near future. I intend to move the existing RS-35's to the rears (currently non-existent) later when I figure out a way to run wiring to the rear wall. The RS-35's sound fine in my system as it is, but I feel that the RS-7's would sound even better.

Dave

Having had the (2) RF3, RC3, (4)RS7 set up I was pleased. then I went to the (2)RF7 RC7 and (4) RS7. I was happy, very happy.

Then I went with (2)RF7, RC7 (2)RB75 surrounds and (2)RS7 rear. The last config is awesome for both movies and especially for music.

Having the RS7s in the rear is fine but as surrounds I found teh wide dispersion was a little too wide and sounded like an extension of the fronts rather than its on discernable channel.

I am for the RB75 as the surrounds and rs7 for the rear

I use RB35s for surround, coupled with RF7s and an RC7. They're the last thing on my list to upgrade. Balancing them means they have to be turned up a bit but I don't feel like I'm missing anything over other bookshelf models and I cut the frequency at 80 hz, sending bass to my sub. I like them better than the RSx models, which I used to run a while back. That's just my experience though. My room is probably very different from yours.

The RF-5s sound spectacular. I still do take a minute to listen to other speaker brands when I am out shopping electronics and I am always amazed at how much better my RFs sound. 9.gif

Thank you all for the input! I do find it interesting that Klipsch boast of the razor sharp imaging produced by the horn loaded drivers only to create intentionally diffused systems such as the RS series. I will give the RBs a try, what the hell if they don't work they can always be used in another room.9.gif