Great Movie

TIbor

Man I saw Man on Fire last night. Great movie and plently of bass, in fact the bass somehow screwed up the bulb in the sconce above the tv. They both are dimmed toghether, but some how it lights brighter I think the filament inside must of gotten moved. Anyway good movie, been busy so I usaully just read the post and see whats up, not too much time to posst

Later

----------------

On 10/10/2004 9:25:03 AM TIbor wrote:

Man I saw Man on Fire last night. Great movie and plently of bass, in fact the bass somehow screwed up the bulb in the sconce above the tv. They both are dimmed toghether, but some how it lights brighter I think the filament inside must of gotten moved. Anyway good movie, been busy so I usaully just read the post and see whats up, not too much time to posst

Later

----------------

I third that... This movie is brilliant, especially in terms of cinematography and editing (I always like when someone puts together a unique way of shooting a movie and it actually looks good). Great story, great acting and well worth the purchase.

Believe me, I hate it when I seem to be the one who almost always disagrees with movie opinions here, but maybe it's because this is the industry I'm in and I'm a little more critical of them. I found this film to be a great disappointment, and especially considering it was headlined by Denzel and helmed by Tony Scott.

Granted, Denzel did a great job with the material given to him, but his character, Creasy, was simply written too 2-dimensional. We are only given a brief glimpse of his backstory, and from then on we're expected to just "roll with" the fact that he's an alcoholic and has some major issues from ghosts in his past. Then suddenly, through a week spent with little (but cute) Pita (Fanning), he suddenly turns his world 180 and would die for her? Suddenly, he relearns that it's "ok to live again," as Walken states? I don't think so. That, in the screenwriting world my friends, is what we call "too easy." A tried and true "cop out."

While I wholeheartidly agree that the cinematography was excellent, the editing was HORRIBLE. I would have expected something seamless, flawless, and most importantly, transparent, from veteran editor Christian Wagner (with Face Off, The Fan, and Bad Boys to his credit, to name a few). The editing was forced, trying so utterly hard to use jump-cut and high contrast juxtapositional editing to create a sense of chaos and mayhem. All it ended up doing was making the film convoluted and distracting. Editing is meant to serve the story first and foremost. Most of the time here, Wager only served to distract the viewer from the suspension of disbelief. Such fast and confusing editing only made the audience struggle to understand what the hell was going on, instead of flying along with the mayhem than in ensuing.

So that's my short opinion.

Well i do agree that it was surpising after a week how he turned around and would di for the girl, but I didnt harp on it for to long. I was very confused at first with the editing clips! Yes I also would have like to have more back ground on him too. But for a wife pick2.gif at the video store I was happy and thought it sounded great on my Ht

16.gif